Running is excellent exercise, but make it competitive and the end result is a race Miami marathon runners will be ready to take on. Miami holds a variety of marathons and half marathons throughout the year. Whether you’re a seasoned marathon runner or one who is just getting started, you’ll find a Miami marathon or half marathon to suit your taste.
For those who prefer to be race spectators, the course routes through Miami offer a stellar bird’s eye view for individuals to watch the runners pass on their way to victory. If you like to be situated in the middle of the race or prefer to be by the start or finish line, you can do so in Miami.
So whether you are ready to compete in a marathon or want to watch the running magic happen before your eyes, you’re going to love all that Miami has to offer.
Marathons and Half Marathons in Miami
Miami marathons and half marathons are more prevalent than you might expect. From the annual Miami Marathon to holiday-themed half marathons, you’ll find plenty of options with regard to running races in Miami.
Life Time Miami Marathon and Half Marathon
The Life Time Miami Marathon and Half Marathon will take place on Sunday, February 9, 2020, at the American Airlines Arena. The Miami Marathon route will loop around the city as runners compete for the win and take in the sights along the way. The schedule for the Miami Marathon and Half Marathon, and accompanying race activities, is as follows:
- 4 a.m. – Pre-race shuttles leave the Miami Beach Convention Center
- 4:15 a.m. – Opening of the general gear check and VIP gear check
- 4:45 a.m. – Access to the start line begins
- 5:45 a.m. – Opening ceremony begins
- 5:50 a.m. – Athletes with disabilities start
- 6 a.m. – Life Time Miami Marathon and Half Marathon runners start (American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Boulevard)
- 6:30 a.m. Spectator bleachers open (Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Boulevard)
- 6:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Finish Fest post-race party (Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Boulevard)
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Post-race shuttle service back to the Miami Beach Convention Center
- 10:30 a.m. – Elite athlete awards ceremony (Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Boulevard)
- 11 a.m. – Kids Run Miami start
The cost to take part in this exciting day of events is $130 for the marathon and $115 for the half marathon. Registration will be available through October 31.
Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon
The Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon and Freaky Four-Miler is a Halloween-inspired event scheduled for Saturday, October 26, 2019. The race course will start at South Pointe Park and work its way through Miami Beach with gorgeous water views along the way and then looping back to South Pointe Park. Participants are encouraged to run the race in costumes in the spirit of Halloween.
Important times for this race include:
- The week before the race – Packet pick-up at multiple locations throughout Miami and surrounding areas
- 6:30 a.m. – Miami Half Marathon 2019 begins
- 6:50 a.m. – Freaky Four-Miler begins
There is a four hour time limit for the races to be completed. The cost is $90 to participate in the Half Marathon and $40 to take part in the Freaky Four-Miler. There’s a $5 discount per person for teams of four or more.
Racing to make Miami your next home? Check out the best places to live.
Marathons in Surrounding Areas
If you can’t make it to any of the Miami marathon or half marathon events, don’t worry. There are plenty of marathons and half marathons unfolding in the surrounding areas, including the following:
- November 10, 2019: 13.1 Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon and 5K
- November 28, 2019: Thanksgiving Distance Classic Half Marathon and 5K
- December 1, 2019: Space Coast Marathon and Half Marathon
- December 8, 2019: FITTEAM Palm Beaches Marathon
- January 5, 2020: Hollywood Beach Boardwalk Half Marathon and 5K
Put Your Running Skills to the Test in Miami Marathons and Half Marathons
Miami is known for many things and marathons are definitely one of them. While participating in an upcoming Miami race or visiting the city as a spectator, be sure to stop by the fabulous pizzerias and breweries around the area for post-race sustenance.