Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age 13, please contact us by phone or email.
Collection of Information
Here’s what we collect from you when you use the Site:
- User Provided Information: When you sign up or register through this Site for the Service, we ask you to provide certain information, including information that is considered “personally identifiable information”, such as information that would allow us to directly identify you including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number. We will also ask you for “non-personally identifiable information” such as information about your household goods including, without limitation, detailed item descriptions, item or shipment values, reviews, surveys, message board posts, compliments or other feedback that you make through the Site or that you send to us. If you elect to go forward with a transaction and book a move through us, we will ask you to provide financial information including, without limitation, credit card and other billing information in order to process and bill you for the transaction. We will also use this financial information to verify your account, including your identity and address.
All “user-provided” and “automatically collected” information is collectively referred to as “your information”.
We use your information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- to present our site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- in any other way we may describe when you provide us the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Move Matcher may monitor and record phone calls between us, you and/or any moving company vendor. By participating in such phone calls, you consent to your phone calls being recorded.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- to our subsidiaries and affiliate;
- when we have your consent to share your information;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties the we use;
- to fulfil the purpose for which you provide information to us;
- to market our brand and services through the Site or through other third party sites or services including, but not limited to, feedback regarding the Site and our services;
- to keep you up to date on product announcements, special offers or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications);
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the site;
- to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us as described below.
Disclaimer Regarding International Use
We make no claim that the Site is appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. Furthermore, our databases are located in the United States. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and Site access. By sending us your data, you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States.
Things You Can’t Do To/With This Site
No page-scraping, spidering, or other automated access (or equivalent manual process) is allowed. This means you are not authorized to copy or monitor the Site, or bypass or circumvent the Site’s navigation or structural presentation. You agree you will not hack or try to hack our systems by, for example, trying to obtain unauthorized access to any part of the Site or to any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to our systems or servers. This includes, without limitation, and hacking, phishing, cracking, or any other illegitimate means. You agree you will not try to scan or test the vulnerability of the Site, try to breach our security or authentication measures, or generally try to bypass our security. You also agree to leave other users and our contractors alone and not to make any attempts at cross-site scripting, IP tracing, reverse look-up, or other mechanism to obtain information on any other user of or visitor to the Site.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact us at 773-527-6653.
Last updated: April 6, 2018